Employment opportunities are currently available with Arizona Water Company for the position(s) listed below. The Company only accepts applications for current openings. Submit Employment Application as instructed below.
Arizona Water Company, a private utility serving customers throughout Arizona, is seeking an Operations Analyst to develop, update and administer the company’s water supply and demand management activities and strategies, as well as prepare regulatory reports and filings to the Arizona Department of Water Resources. The person reports to the Vice President - Operations, but also assists the President and other managers to develop policies and procedures.
Responsibilities also include:
* Prepare reports on water production, sales, water loss, production capacity and water system demands.
* Administer environmental compliance management recordkeeping and inspections.
* Administer well permits and water storage agreements.
* Develop projections of water use, unsold statistics, and source of supply costs.
* Maintain tank maintenance database and expenses and schedule maintenance and inspections.
The candidate must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Office and PowerPoint, as well as strong writing and speaking skills. Requirements include college degree or equivalent administrative experience in water resources, water utility operations, environmental compliance, or other applicable study areas. High school diploma and Arizona driver’s license required. Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package. This position is located in our Phoenix headquarters.
Send detailed resume to:
Arizona Water Company, a private utility serving customers throughout Arizona, is seeking a Senior Utility Rates Analyst to conduct financial and statistical analysis and research to prepare and support rate, tariff and surcharge applications, as well as financial projections.
Assist in developing and preparing:
* Exhibits, studies, schedules, work papers and testimony for all general rate case applications filed with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC.)
* Rate surcharge and adjustor filings to the ACC.
* Responses to data requests from regulatory proceedings.
* Tariffs and required public notices of rate and tariff changes.
* Prepare, compile and summarize financial information for use in budgeting and strategic planning.
* Conduct economic and cost/benefit analyses.
* Develop studies in customer growth, usage, and industry challenges.
* Provide updates regarding ACC rules, regulations, standards and practices.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Strong background in finance, accounting, economics and statistics.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel at the advanced level, as well as MS Office and PowerPoint.
* Ability to perform complex work with accuracy and timeliness.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration. Prior experience with a public utility in a rate, regulatory, or accounting related position is highly desired. Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package.
Send detailed resume to:
Arizona Water Company, a private utility serving customers throughout Arizona, is seeking a Water Treatment Operator for its Casa Grande location. Responsibilities include: Day-to-day operation and maintenance of all production, treatment, storage and recharge facilities. Troubleshoot and repair problems related to pumping equipment, controls and water treatment facilities. Collect compliance, process control, and other necessary water samples related to water distribution, production and treatment facilities. Providing on-site training to other employees assigned to water production and treatment. Must be available to respond to water production and treatment emergencies. Applicants must have ADEQ Grade 3 or higher Water Treatment Operator Certification and ADEQ Grade 1 or higher Water Distribution Operator Certification. Other requirements include a valid Arizona driver’s license and acceptable driving record, and high school diploma or GED. Must live in the Casa Grande or Coolidge area. Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package.
Send detailed resume to:
The Company's employment practices are conducted in a manner that enables it to achieve its objective of equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability or status as a veteran. The Company's practice of non-discrimination applies to all areas of employment for which an individual may be qualified. The Company is committed to utilizing fully and fairly the abilities of all of its employees and expects each of its employees to honor its equal employment opportunity practice and to treat one another equally and with respect at all times.
Applicants for employment are expected to thoroughly and accurately complete the Company's Employment Application form. Employees must be not less than age 18, be a U.S. citizen or have valid working papers, and be willing to work reasonable amounts of overtime, including weekends, when necessary. Employees must also possess a valid Arizona operator's license or commercial driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable driving record.