Employment opportunities are currently available with Arizona Water Company for the position(s) listed below. The Company only accepts applications for current openings. Submit Employment Application as instructed below.
Arizona Water Company, an investor-owned public water utility providing water service to customers throughout Arizona, is seeking qualified candidates for a Vice President - Operations for its corporate office in Phoenix. This position is part of the company’s Executive Management Team and reports to the President/Chief Operating Officer. Arizona Water Company has more than 90,000 customers in 17 communities, and more than 200 employees.
The Vice President – Operations is responsible for managing and directing the company water operations including water treatment, water supply, water distribution, meter maintenance, water system maintenance, customer service, security, safety, water quality and employee matters.
As a member of the Executive Management Team, the Vice President – Operations is responsible for:
· Managing all water plant operating procedures and records to verify compliance with safe drinking water standards and all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, requirements and standards.
· Assisting the President and other company officers with administrative support functions such as water quality, environmental compliance, safety, water resource management, and Best Management Practices.
· Developing and writing standard operating procedures and departmental processes, and recommending improvement and changes in department and division operations.
· Assisting Division Managers in evaluating employee performance, salary adjustments, promotions, training, and disciplinary and corrective actions. Participate in collective bargaining negotiations.
· Preparing and managing annual operating budgets for water operations, contracts and services, and identifying and assigning appropriate resources.
· Working with the Vice President – Engineering to determine the short-term and long-term capital needs of the company’s water systems.
· Establishing work and project priorities and ensuring safe and reliable delivery of water.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of: utility or engineering operations, maintenance and construction; budgeting and financial management principles; methods of leadership and leading organizations; and labor contract administration and collective bargaining. This person will possess strong financial management and budgeting skills; analytical skills; strong team building and development skills; advanced written and verbal communication skills; and superior problem-solving skills.
This leadership position requires:
· Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Civil/Environmental Engineering, or related academic or technical discipline.) Work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
· Minimum ten years’ experience in managing a similar-sized organization and budget, including operations of water facilities, and contract and construction administration.
· Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
· ADEQ Grade 4 water treatment and distribution certifications.
Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including company-paid medical, dental and vision insurances, 401(k), long-term disability and life insurances, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Send detailed resume to:
Arizona Water Company, a public service corporation providing water service to customers throughout Arizona, is seeking a human resources manager for its 200-plus employees. This position reports directly to the President. Responsibilities include:
* Administer health, 401k and company benefits programs.
* Recruitment and new hire processing.
* Knowledge and compliance in federal and state labor laws. Make recommendations to management and develop required procedures.
* Analysis and interpretation of company policy. Administer the progressive discipline program.
* Maintain salary schedules. Prepare merit reviews and salary increases. Conduct salary surveys.
* File Workers Compensation claims and OSHA forms.
* Assist in negotiations of collective bargaining agreement.
* Maintain all employee files.
Seven years experience in human resources, including three in management, and a Bachelor’s degree is required. Must be proficient in Excel and Word, and have excellent writing and verbal skills. This position requires the highest level of integrity and confidentiality, and the ability to be fair and objective to all employees.
Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and benefits package. This position is in its Phoenix headquarters.
Send detailed resume to:
Arizona Water Company, a public service corporation providing water service to customers throughout Arizona, is seeking a full-time Engineering Manager/Chief Engineer for its Phoenix office. This position will lead our team of engineers and designers to deliver design and construction projects in conformance with business and operational needs.
This leadership position's responsibilities include:
* Managing a team of engineers, designers, and engineering support staff to deliver critical design and construction projects in a timely manner.
* Managing budgets and schedules to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Ensuring capital projects comply with all regulatory requirements.
* Managing the solicitation, processing, and signing of contracts and agreements.
* Working with and providing technical assistance to company managers, developers, and contractors.
This leadership position requires a BS degree in civil engineering, Professional Engineering license in the state of Arizona, and a minimum of 8 years experience in the planning, design, construction and operations of water facilities, contract and construction administration. Experience managing engineering and project management teams and a Masters degree are highly desirable. Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including company paid health insurance, 401(k), and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Send detailed resume to:
Arizona Water Company, a private utility serving customers throughout Arizona, is seeking a Water Treatment Operator for its Casa Grande location. Responsibilities include: Day-to-day operation and maintenance of all production, treatment, storage and recharge facilities. Troubleshoot and repair problems related to pumping equipment, controls and water treatment facilities. Collect compliance, process control, and other necessary water samples related to water distribution, production and treatment facilities. Providing on-site training to other employees assigned to water production and treatment. Must be available to respond to water production and treatment emergencies. Applicants must have ADEQ Grade 3 or higher Water Treatment Operator Certification and ADEQ Grade 1 or higher Water Distribution Operator Certification. Other requirements include a valid Arizona driver’s license and acceptable driving record, and high school diploma or GED. Must live in the Casa Grande or Coolidge area. Arizona Water Company offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package.
Send detailed resume to:
The Company's employment practices are conducted in a manner that enables it to achieve its objective of equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability or status as a veteran. The Company's practice of non-discrimination applies to all areas of employment for which an individual may be qualified. The Company is committed to utilizing fully and fairly the abilities of all of its employees and expects each of its employees to honor its equal employment opportunity practice and to treat one another equally and with respect at all times.
Applicants for employment are expected to thoroughly and accurately complete the Company's Employment Application form. Employees must be not less than age 18, be a U.S. citizen or have valid working papers, and be willing to work reasonable amounts of overtime, including weekends, when necessary. Employees must also possess a valid Arizona operator's license or commercial driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable driving record.